MOUNT ZION PASTORAL SEARCH
Announcement: The membership of Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, established April 18, 1921, is prayerfully announcing the Call for Resumes from those parties interested in consideration for the position of Senior Pastor.
Vision 21 is Mount Zion’s revelation of a Twenty-first century ministry through the local church that glorifies God, increases believers’ intimacy with Jesus Christ, enhances believers’ excellence in worship and service and addresses the spiritual emptiness of human lives through an eternal saving relationship with Christ our Lord.
Mission Statement: Mount Zion purposes to cooperate with the Holy Spirit in the disseminating of the gospel of Jesus Christ through a three-fold ministry objective of evangelism, discipleship and missions.
Pastoral qualifications of the God led individual we seek include:
- Meeting the qualifications set forth in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- An expository preacher and teacher who is willing to assume the full-time pastoral leadership position as principle spiritual leader and visionary of the church and who possesses effective leadership, administrative, organizational and managerial skills along with the ability to motivate in areas of drought.
- A licensed and ordained Baptist Minister (with proof) in accordance with the Baptist Church, having 3-5 years of experience in Pastoral Ministry and in good standing with the church, who is spiritually mature and willing to acquire further education as warranted.
- Must possess a clear understanding of Baptist doctrine and the ability to preach and teach sound doctrine from God’s Word, the Holy Bible. And will accordingly be the church’s principle communicator of God’s Word in public worship to ensure the church is growing and maturing in Christ.
- Practices personal evangelism and will implement evangelism training to make sure the church is equipped to be disciples through the shepherding process of leading, feeding, caring for and protecting in accordance with God’s Word.
- Must love God and must love God’s people.
- Willingness to adhere to the church bylaws.
Resume Acceptance Period: March 25, 2019 through April 25, 2019
Candidates resume must be postmarked by April 25, 2019.
Please include a CD or DVD along with cover letter and resume.
Submitted resume packets will only be accepted via USPS mail.
Candidates meeting acceptable resume criteria will be contacted to participate in the application process.
Mail to: Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, P.O. Box 359, Elyria, Ohio 44036